Call now!

1-866-571- 9211 OR VISIT WWW.911FLOOD.COM

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Owners Plan to Rebuild After Water Damage

A little more than 24 hours after flames ripped through the top floor of Upper Southampton’s Churchville Inn, the smell of charred wood hung low over the property.

The owners of the restaurant and bar, brothers David and Andrew Wallace, lived in two apartments on the second floor, where both apartments were destroyed by the flames.

Early Sunday morning David was sleeping on the sofa of his apartment above the local hangout. He awoke to find smoke and flames.

He ran into his laundry room and escaped out the window onto the roof of the inn’s kitchen and then jumped to safety, friends and family recounted.

David was taken to St. Mary Medical Center and remained there as of Monday, Andrew said.

In the apartment next door, Andrew and his girlfriend, Nicole, slept in their bedroom. Boxes still unpacked from a recent move. Andrew said he awoke to smoke and fled his second-floor apartment with Nicole and their dog.

Monday afternoon the parking lot was filled with puddles of water left over from what was used to fight the blaze and debris from the building.

A friend of the Wallaces, who gave a tour of the building, said the basement was filled with so much water from fire fighting efforts kegs, both full and empty, floated around the basement and banquet hall.

The blaze might have started in the attic above the room where David was sleeping, according to the friend.

Andrew, standing near a pile of salvaged items, said they plan to rebuilt the Churchville Inn.

“Right now we’re just waiting on the insurance company,” Andrew said.

No comments:

Post a Comment