Call now!

1-866-571- 9211 OR VISIT WWW.911FLOOD.COM

Monday, December 5, 2011

Attic Fire Causes $7,000 in Damage

A fire ripped through the attic of a home near Woodburn today, causing more than $70,000 in damage.

Crews responded to a report of fire in the 4700 block of Concomly Roadand found smoke coming from the eaves of a single-story home, said Chief Paul Iverson of the Woodburn Fire District. After making their way inside, firefighters heard crackling sounds coming from the attic.

Firefighters quickly doused the fire, which burned about 100 square feet above the living room and destroyed several roof trusses, Iverson said. The flames also damaged wiring.

No injuries were reported. Preliminary information indicated overheated wires might have ignited nearby combustibles, Iverson said, but investigators don't know why the wires got too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment