Call now!

1-866-571- 9211 OR VISIT WWW.911FLOOD.COM

Monday, October 31, 2011

Cooking Related Fire Causes $3000 in Damage to Apartment

Unattended cooking caused $3,000 in smoke damage to an apartment on Madison's east side Saturday night.

The fire was reported about 7 p.m. Saturday at 408 Parkwood Lane, according to a news release from the Madison Fire Department.

"A resident of the 16-unit apartment complex returned home to find his apartment filled with smoke," Fire Department spokeswoman Bernadette Galvez said in the release. "As he exited the building, he pulled the fire alarm and called 911. A pot of oil and food left on the electric stove caused smoke damage but no fire damage."

The fire displaced a family, who are staying with relatives.

No injuries were reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment