Call now!

1-866-571- 9211 OR VISIT WWW.911FLOOD.COM

Monday, October 3, 2011

Mold Forces Family With Disabled Toddler from Home

"It was an ongoing leak," said Izaiah's father, Jacob. "We didn't know how long it was going on for."

Jacob said his son, who is 2 years old, kept getting sick for unexplained reasons.

"At first he had pneumonia. Then, he got better. Then, he got sick again," said Jacob.

The family then noticed a piece of wall lying on the floor.

"A plumber came by," said Jacob. "He opened up the wall. You could just see mold growing in there. It was pretty crazy… As soon as we found out, we had to get Izaiah out of the house."

In the past week, Izaiah has moved from their home in Vista, to a hotel and now to his grandfather's home in Oceanside after the family discovered the health hazard lurking in their wall.

Jacob quickly became concerned and educated about what was going on.

"[The mold] causes asthma, bad headaches [and] lung infections… just all kinds of things that go along with it," he said. "It's pretty toxic."

The mold is toxic especially for Izaiah, who has already gone through so much.

It was almost one year ago when Izaiah and his grandfather were run down by a teenage drunk driver while they were out on a morning walk.

Izaiah was left partially-blind, suffered brain damaged and was paralyzed from the chest down.

Now, Jacob said his son is already improving since they moved out of the home.

Izaiah is now on antibiotics and takes frequent naps.

Jacob said he is unsure if they will ever move back to their rented Vista home.

No comments:

Post a Comment