Call now!

1-866-571- 9211 OR VISIT WWW.911FLOOD.COM

Monday, October 17, 2011

Fire Causes Damage, Displaces Family

A fire this morning at a Springettsbury Township home -- believed to be caused by faulty electrical wiring -- has displaced a family of seven, according to a fire official.

Firefighters from York Area United Fire & Rescue responded at 8:13 a.m. to the home on Cambridge Road, near Crystal Lane and Erlen Drive, where they found significant fire in the basement, said Chief Robert McCoy.

They knocked the fire down quickly, and there were no injuries, McCoy said.

The fire caused about $25,000 damage to the structure, and about $10,000 damage to its contents, McCoy said.

After an initial examination, McCoy said he believed that the fire was caused by malfunctioning wires in the basement.

Because of damage to the utilities the family -- six adults and one child -- will have to stay elsewhere, he said. The York chapter of the American Red Cross was called to help the family, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment