Call now!

1-866-571- 9211 OR VISIT WWW.911FLOOD.COM

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Day House Fire Causes Upwards Of $100,000

An assistance fund has been set up for a Fayetteville family who suffered “substantial loss” during a Christmas morning house fire, public safety authorities said.

Fayette County Fire and Emergency Services Capt. Pete Nelms reported significant damages to the structure and contents inside of the residence located at 175 Pleasant Point Way.

County fire units, which received automatic aid from the City of Fayetteville Fire Department, brought the blaze under control at 4:18 a.m., the captain said.

He explained the homeowner had been awakened by the smoke alarm to find the family Christmas tree smoking.

The investigation later determined a spark from the fireplace had landed on the tree. The tree was in close proximity to the fireplace, added Nelms.

“The amount of damage is in excess of $100,000, and will continue to climb,” he said. “Whether it is a total loss is undetermined at this time.”
Members from the law enforcement community said relief efforts are underway to help their fellow colleague, Fayette Sheriff’s Office employee Wyndolyn Moulder, along with her husband Ken, and their two children. One of the children was checked on the scene for possible smoke inhalation.

This was the second major house fire of the holiday season in Fayette County. The first destroyed a Peachtree City home and killed a 37-year-old local man.

Individuals who wish to donate on behalf of the Wyndolyn Moulder family may stop by the Delta Community Credit Union branches in Fayetteville or in Peachtree City and ask for the fund established for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment