Call now!

1-866-571- 9211 OR VISIT WWW.911FLOOD.COM

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Garage Fire Causes $450,000 In Damage

SHASTA LAKE – A fire caused about $450,000 in damage Monday night to a Yellow Pine Avenue garage and six open carport-like enclosures containing expensive cars, motorcycles and speedboats, a spokesman for the Shasta Lake Fire Protection District said this morning.

Capt. Roger Moses said it appears that the fire, which broke out around 9:15 p.m., was caused by the improper storage of fireplace ash next to one of the open shelters.

The fire, which was fueled by gas in the shelters, spread to the garage, causing about $100,000 in damage to its exterior, but the fire did not spread to the adjacent home. The fire did burn a small area of vegetation, he said.

Among the expensive vehicles destroyed included a custom Jeep and a vintage Mini-Cooper which, Moses said, was “irreplaceable.”

Also destroyed were three boats, three motorcycles and two dirt bikes, he said, adding that the property was insured .

The fire was declared contained around 9:36 p.m. and was finally extinguished shortly before 1 a.m.

No one was injured in the fire, which was fought by firefighters from Shasta Lake, Redding and Mountain Gate.

Neighbor Don Jacop said he was driving up to his house on Yellow Pine Avenue when he saw flames on the hillside near the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment